5 ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE NOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SECURITY IN WEB3!
1/ Purchase a hardware wallet asap. We recommend battle tested ones like @Ledger or @Trezor
Note: Only buy from official sites! Such as Ledger.com
Hardware Wallet — State-of-the-art security for crypto assets | Ledger
2/ Download and purchase premium @Malwarebytes
- Active Threat Protection
- Helps monitor potential phishing
- Actively scans your computer
3/ Setup and use a password manager!
We recommend @Bitwarden as it’s open-source and also allows you to self-host if you choose to do so. They have a chrome extension, iOS, Android, and Desktop app
4/ Use tools like @RevokeCash to actively monitor active approvals / allowances.
Revoke.cash — Revoke your Ethereum token allowances
5/ Use tooling like Wallet Guard!
What does Wallet Guard do?
- Prevents Web3 Phishing attempts
- Monitors and Alerts you to potential DNS Hijacking such as what happen with @CurveFinance
- Actively alerts you when MetaMask is out of date
- Personal Security Dashboard
If this is your first time coming across Wallet Guard we offer a chrome extension designed to combat scams/phishing in Web3. Our extension acts as a security companion to your crypto wallet of choice.
Check us out at WalletGuard.app